BubbleBooks Apps are based on an educational approach that promotes learning to read and stimulates the multiple intelligences of each child.
- Everyday and simple.
- Specially written for children to read.
(Revised by Easy Reading)
- Significant colours for easy recognition and memorising.
- Silhouetted and avoiding the superimposing of elements for easy element recognition.
- Each animation reinforces what has been learned without distracting the attention of the child.
- Few animations and simple for easy learning.
- Recorded in studios in the country of origin of each language.
- Use of children’s voices for easy identification and to form a learning link with the young reader.
On flat backgrounds for easy reading, particularly for new readers.
With the aim of facilitating the learning of the mother tongue or practising a second language, both spoken and written. Available in Spanish, Catalan, English, German, French, Portuguese and Italian.
Adjustments and Options
Different reading options
- Recommended for children that are starting to recognise spellings.
- The Karaoke effect characteristic allows children to follow and recognise the text.
Recommended for children that already have basic reading skills, i.e. children that can read.
- Film screening style, story is narrated with automatic interaction
- Recommended for new readers, children that are starting to learn.
- Recommended for children with an average, solid foundation in reading.
- Motivates the child t o read the story.
- Allows parents and teachers to detect any reading difficulty as you can check that the text corresponds with what the child is reading.
This facilitates visual Access to the text in accordance with the legibility needs of each child. These are based on research carried out in the United States on the use of the iPad by children.
- Sassoon Primary: Typeface designed to meet the reading needs of children when learning to read and write. It is used in 85% of educational centres in England and in Montessori material.
- Tiresias: Designed for Reading texts on screen, for persons with visual difficulties.
- Verdana: Offers a high degree of reading quality (speed and precision) in texts for children.
- Caecilia: Typeface used a lot for good legibility.
- Futura: Studies show that it enhances the reading of texts both in children with learning difficulties and in children with reading difficulties.
- Open Dyslexia: Designed to aid the reading of texts for persons with dyslexia.
- The colours have been tested in research carried out on the use of the iPad by young readers in the United Kingdom.
- It has also been recommended by associations of persons with visual impairment, such as the ONCE foundation.
- Increasing the spacing between letters may promote reading in children with difficulties learning to read.
OMIT TEXT option
- Recommended for children that have not yet started to learn how to spell. Everyday and simple.
- If we have a good phonological awareness we will avoid reading problems when starting to learn how to read.
COPY TEXT option
This allows us to work with the vocabulary learned in other activities outside reading the story.
iPad option that allows children with visual impairment to follow the story.
Games designed to enhance learning
- Develops memory and attention span
- Develops object recognition and, in the more advanced levels, word and object recognition.
- Develops attention span and recognition of characters mentioned in the story
- The knowledge is more readily interiorised by the child.
- Develops attention span and recognition of the characters that appear in the story.
- Develops fine psychomotricity.
For BubbleBooks ICT does not substitute traditional material but instead complements it. In this way, for each App, BubbleBooks has designed activities that complement reading the story which can be worked on in the classroom or at home.